Friday, October 7, 2011

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint To The Rescue!

So I've been meaning to branch out a bit on this blog.....after all, as much as I'd like to just think lovely, spiritual thoughts all day and night (and yes, that still is a goal of mine!), practicality wins and I just have to get some stuff done around here.

My fridge, Denver-old, so going on 14 years, yikes!  And white, so you know it's pretty yuck and was fairly depressing to look at....

I should have taken some close ups so you could see all the nicks, scratches and just generally nasty stuff, but I didn't and now...ta-da!!



This second picture is more true to the color...ASCP Cream....it's very close to my wall color which is kind of a buttercream.  2 coats, no brush marks, covers everything with no priming, could definitely make chalk cartoons on it but haven't yet, and yes, the magnetism is still in tact!

Now if only the inside looked as nice as the outside :)

6 comments:

  1. I never knew you could paint a fridge! What a great idea! I am glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I probably could have included more details. Just did 2 coats with a Purdy brush and that was it. I can wipe it off easily with a sponge. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now THAT'S positively AMAZING!! Kudos to you for taking the risk...looks FABULOUS!

    Deborah
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/
    (Hope you'll be able to take some time to visit my little space in the blogosphere as well...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deborah! It was fun! No risk involved because the fridge was sooooooo sad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! as what michelle said, i never knew you could paint a fridge!! that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I've just found your blog! I'm wanting to paint my fridge - 18 years old and several moves later it's scratched and looking shabby. Did you use the Annie Sloan sealer or wax?
    Best wishes Ilma

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind...